Monday, November 12, 2012

Why "Planting Partner", and who am I?

My name is Belinda.  I love writing, cooking, walking, talking (alot) and spending time with people.  I live in Melbourne, and I love it.  I loath housework and have a great fear of wild snakes and wild mice (domestic, friendly versions of both are acceptable).  I hope the snakes eat the mice, and then go far away from me!

I also love Jesus.  He is my Saviour and Lord and I want him to be honoured in my life.  I am so grateful that he loves and forgives me, despite my sin! And my passion is that others would come to know the life that is found in him.

So, why I am starting this blog?

Well, at the start of this year, my husband and I took on the task of starting a new church (commonly known as a "church plant") in the Box Hill area of Melbourne.  We began with a small team, and began meeting to learn from Gods word, to grow in our love of God and each other, and to pray for our friends who didn't know Jesus.  We are now around 30 people.

We are also part of an organisation called "Geneva", which is a network for church planters.  And I was asked by Geneva if I would be interested in blogging about the unique challenges of being a church-plant leader's wife.

This might seem a very specific subject!  But I have found over this year that there are very specific challenges in my situation; very unique joys and struggles.  I hope that somehow sharing some of my thinking and experiences, both as a member of a church planting team and as a wife of a church-plant leader, I might be able to encourage people both who are involved in church plants, but also those who are serving in any churches, or who are involved in ministry-marriages.

I don't claim to be an expert.  I am a learner and a sinner.  But I pray and hope as a stubble through the challenges of being a planting partner, that it might be an instructive and helpful process for others, as it has been for me.

In Christ,
Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment